Cartek have now produced a dedicated Lights Module for kit cars and Rally Cars that use additional spot lights. The switch panel enables Low beam, High beam, and an extra switch to flash the lights. The Low and High beam channels both go up to a current rating of 20 Amps each.
- Fully electronic with no moving parts
- 4 x 10 Amp Channels
- Totally sealed against water and dirt
- Completely resistant to shock and vibration
- Each channel incorporates over-current protection
- Channels can be controlled by switch or signal inputs
- Dual-coloured status LED for each channel
- Very small and weighs just 80g
- Manufactured in UK using high quality components
HOW IT WORKS
When mounting the Aux Lamp Controller, electrical contact must be made between the vehicle's chassis/earth and the metal case of the Aux Lamp Controller at its mounting points. 12v Power Input is supplied to the Aux Lamp Controller via the M6 electrical stud. Power Output connections are made using 6.3mm spade terminals.
Each channel is turned ON by connecting the corresponding channel signal wire to chassis/earth. Connection can be made using dashboard switches, oil pressure switches, thermo-switches, etc. When a Cartek Switch Panel (pushbutton switches with integrated LED) is used then the LED will display the channel status:
No LED = Channel OFF
LED on = Channel ON
Flashing = ERROR
When short-circuit or over current is detected, the Aux Lamp Controller will shut down that channel and the corresponding LED will begin to flash. To reset the error, switch the channel OFF then ON again.